Please hand in of your presentation online on time! In order to efficiently organize all the presentations during the conference and make sure that all presentations are issued to the correct room at the conference venue, we have a Speaker Service Centre during the IATDMCT 2015. It is mandatory to use the Speaker Service Centre for your presentation during this conference. At least 90 minutes before your lecture starts, submit your files.
Upload presentation online
We kindly request you to upload your presentation via: http://ftp.dedoelen.nl. On this site you will find a link to the actual site where presentations for the conference can be uploaded. Simply click on the conference name.
- Choose your own name and click on SUBMIT.
- Enter your password (your family name) and click on SUBMIT.
- If you are presenting more than one lecture, choose the title of your lecture you want to submit.
- Enter your password (your family name) and click SUBMIT.
- You will get a message that you have not uploaded any files. Click CONTINUE.
- If you have uploaded files before, you will get an overview of any files you have already uploaded.
- You will see a screen with a BROWSE button, giving you the opportunity to upload your presentation. Select your files by clicking on BROWSE. You can select multiple files at once.
- If you have video files in your presentation, you need to upload them separately.
- Your selected files will appear on screen with a progress bar.
- Click on START UPLOAD and your files will be uploaded.
- Wait for the message that all files have been received. If you do not get a message, your files are not received You will receive a message as follows: “Successfully uploaded: filename”
If you have any questions or if you are experiencing any difficulty you can send an email to: email@example.com Please use as subject: “WebSSC Instructions IATDMCT 2015”. On the website you will also find a link to get assistance. Please note that you are only allowed to upload the presentations that you yourself will be presenting! Do not upload files for other presenters! Once uploaded, you cannot edit your files. If you want to change something in your presentation, you will need to upload a new file. We will only use the latest uploaded version. You can only upload your files online up to 90 minutes before your lecture starts. After that time you can only load your files in the Speakers Service Centre.
Speaker Service Centre on-site during IATDMCT 2015
If you have not uploaded your presentation online, you have to submit your presentation on-site at the Speaker Service Centre at least 90 minutes before for your presentation starts. Technicians will assist you with your presentation. Speakers who speak at the first session of each day, have to hand in their files at least 60 minutes before their lecture starts. At all times you will have to check you presentation at least 90 minutes before your lecture starts at the Speakers Service Centre. Technicians will check if your files are correct. Conference staff are able to direct you to the Speakers Service Centre. The Speaker Service Centre is located in the Hudig Zaal (3rd floor of the Willem Burger Complex).
Additional information on video files in PowerPoint:
The use of video files in PowerPoint is possible, but with some strict guidelines.
You will always have to copy/bring the video files separate from the PowerPoint presentation. PowerPoint will support the following extensions of video files: .avi, .wmv, .mpg en .mpeg. The QuickTime .mov format is not supported.
Although the file extension implicates that there is a standard codecin the file, that is not the case. For production of a video a codec is used. This codec is used to efficiently store the video material. This can be seen as a sort of encryption. To view a file you will need the exact same codec as with the video has been made. If you conform your presentation to these guidelines you can be ensured that your video files will play in PowerPoint.
Additional information on materials in the lecture room:
In the room where your lecture will be held you will find a laptop on the lectern, if not, a 17” display will be aside of the lectern in order to see you presentation during your lecture. The control of your presentation is done by a cordless presenter. With this presenter you can navigate back- and forward through your presentation. You can use the cordless presenter as a laser-pointer as well. There is also a green laser-pointer available. On the lecture desk you will find a little light that is controlled by the chair. When this light is lid, you are supposed to end your lecture.